Applying chemical-laced mehndi (henna) on the hands can cause serious side effects including skin infection, doctors said, cautioning girls and women against using it.
“Please Read and spread to all the girls u know:
Guys: to all ur friends, sisters, cousins etc. Please send it around
A girl applied Mehndi called “Red Cone” before few months of her wedding, after applying that mehndi her hands n legs got seriously infected with some disease, so doctors suggested to cut off her hand n legs .. Instead her parents gave her poison..
Please Pass it on!
This cone is available everywhere with the name of “PARTY MEHNDI RED CONE”
Kindly dont apply it!!!
Because it contains dangerous chemicals which can take ur life!
Dont think evn for a minute not to forward it bcz EID is nearer girls buy such cones(plz save other’s life)
Its 0ur duty plz..
AND INFORM YOUR SISTERS AND COUSINS NOT TO USE IT!!”
High Alert For All Girls
Please Send To All Girls,
1 Larki Jo Orangi Town ( KARACHI) Men Rehti Thi, 5th October Ko Us Ki Barat Thi, Red Cone Mehndi Lagany Se Us K Hath, paon Ki skin Or Gosht jalna Shoro Ho Gaya, Doctor Ne Donon Hath Paon Katwanay a Kaha To Us K Maa Baap Ne Us Larki Ko Zehr Ka Injection De Diya, So kindly Spread It To All..
This Kon Mehndi is Available Everywhere, With Name Of (PARTY MEHNDI RED CONE) Kindly Dont Apply This.Coz It Contains Dangerous Chemicals can Take Your Life..
Dr. Imran Ansari (MBBS)
AAGha Khan Hospital N University.
is available every where. Some times this mixed up with chemicals. This can cases adverse skin reactions so please be conscious. I am not talking about all Mehandi cons that is dangerous !! But there is some companies making like this.
Some times only this Mehandi that makes allergic reactions. This not for all, some humans skin is very sensitive to this chemicals. This time Mehandi can cause burns or allergic reaction on the skin.
How to avoid this
– Use Quality Products
– Before applying all over test in a small area on the body.
– Use natural products ( make from the home )
– don’t mix Mehandi with any other colouring materials.
– If after mehendi that cause itching or burning sensation,, remove the Mehandi with cold water and visit your doctor as early as possible.
Mehndi dermatitis cases are on the rise, said Rohit Batra, dermatologist at Sir Gangaram Hospital.
“We are getting 8 to 10 patients every day with serious side effects after applying mehndi on their hands,” he added.
He advised girls and women not to use chemical-laced mehndi as it causes irritation and leaves scratch marks, which can have a life-long impact on the skin.
He added that mehndi agents do not use plain henna but add harsh chemicals to make it darker.
Skin infections due to mehndi cause swelling, itching and redness. Batra said that as soon as people notice such symptoms, they should visit a doctor to avoid any serious consequences.
“At the initial stages, mehndi can cause acute dermatitis if one does not see doctor immediately and the allergy can spread all over the body,” Batra added.
Sachin Dhawan, dermatologist at the Skin and Smile Clinic in Gurgaon, said that mehndi can even cause cancer.
“Over the years, skin infection due to mehndi has increased. It is better to use natural or plain henna instead of the synthetic one. Synthetic mehndi can leave permanent marks on the skin, and can even cause cancer,” Dhawan told IANS.
He added that as a precaution, one should buy only good quality mehndi and not apply it repeatedly.
HOAX OR FACT:
Mixture of hoax and facts.
The message comes as a warning not to use ‘Party Mehndi Red Cone,’ describing an incident in Pakistan that led to the death of a girl who applied it during her wedding ceremony. The message appears to come from an MBBS doctor Imran Ansari of the Aga Khan University Hospital in Pakistan. The claims are mixture of hoax and facts.
HOW TO MAKE MEHNDI (HENNA) PASTE:
Originally posted 2014-08-13 10:44:02.