Every body dreams for healthy, beautiful & Shiny hairs. Here we are going to tell you some home tips & remedies to your dreams come true. After a bath when we notice our hair, it feels pretty smooth and soft, but after say 2-4 hours later it feels so rough that you think that you need to wash hair again. So here I am going to give you some tips to make hair shiny hair without affecting its quality.
Just After Bath
The first thing people do just after bath, is rub hair with a towel which is wrong because it causes breakage and damage to the wet hair shaft. Well, what you really should do is comb hair with wide tooth comb slowly, because hair gets easily damaged when wet. Also washing hair with cold water is effective for restoring the natural shine of hair.
The basic step which we have learned before to take care of our hair, but nowadays people don’t usually care about combing. They just apply gel and make some funky hair style and leave hair without styling. Combing hair is very important, it should be done at least twice a day. When you comb, the moisture from scalp properly spreads in the hair and thus hair stays soft and glowing.
Avoid Chemical Based Shampoo & Conditioners
Chlorine in pools, ammonia in shampoos and alcohol based hair products should be avoided to always keep the hair glossy and sparkling.
Miscellaneous Easy Tips
1. To grow better and healthy hair use castor oil.
2. Give your hairs a shampoo with tea once in a week.
3. Make a mixture of 2 spoons of castor oil, 1 spoon of glycerin and 2 egg whites. Apply and leave the mixture in the scalp and hair. Wash after sometime.
4. Before washing your hair give a massage of warm coconut oil to your hair. Cover the hair with a hot towel and wash after about an hour.
5. Use henna as a natural conditioner it helps to bring bounce of hair.
6. Before using shampoo apply lemon juice on scalp for 15 minutes then rinse with lukewarm water.
Home Based Formulas To Get Healthy Shiny Hairs
Eggs are perhaps one of the best ingredients to provide nourishment and shine to your hair in minutes. Being a good source of protein, fatty acids and lecithin, eggs help repair damaged and dull hair by adding moisture and shine. Eggs also help make your hair strands strong and thick.
- Mix one egg white and one tablespoon each of olive oil and honey until you get a smooth paste. Apply this paste on damp hair and scalp. Cover your head with a shower cap for about 30 minutes. Then wash your hair with a mild shampoo and cool water.
- Beat two eggs until you get a foamy texture. Mix in two tablespoons of almond oil and one-half cup of yogurt. Apply this mixture on your hair and scalp. Cover with a shower cap for 30 minutes and then shampoo your hair with cool water.
Follow either of these egg treatments once a week to get soft and shiny hair.
Note: Never rinse your hair with hot water after using an egg mask. Hot water will clot the egg and it will be very difficult to wash it out of your hair.
Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe Vera extracts are being widely used in the cosmetic industry. Due to its nutritional benefits this gel can be used to provide nourishment and a glowing effect to the hair. Apply the aloe gel to your hair and gently massage it. Since this gel is antiseptic, it helps to treat scalp infections and itchy scalp. This gel contains moisture, antioxidants, vitamins and other compounds that benefits hair, making it healthy and strong. This is an effective remedy to get shiny hair naturally.
Full-fat mayonnaise is another excellent home remedy. It works miracles on hair as it makes it extremely shiny, soft, silky and healthy looking.Mayonnaiseis made with eggs and oil, thus giving you all the above ingredients.
- Massage ½ cup mayonnaise into your hair and scalp, cover with a shower cap, and leave it on for at least 30 minutes. Shampoo and rinse with lukewarm water.
Remember you will be smelling mayonnaise while on your head so be prepared.
Use yogurt as a deep conditioner.
Brush out your hair well. Find plain yogurt, although plain Greek yogurt works very well also.
- Make sure the yogurt is plain, otherwise you will end up with more sugar and food coloring in your hair — not something you want.
Honey is another great home remedy for dry hair.
Honey has the ability to trap moisture in your hair, leaving it soft, shiny, and nourished.
1. Apply half cup of honey to freshly washed, damp hair and gently massage it into your scalp and hair strands. Cover with a shower cap and leave the treatment on for 20 to 30 minutes. Rinse with lukewarm water.
2. If your hair is extremely dry and damaged, you can add either half an avocado, or a tablespoon of coconut oil, or an egg yolk to the honey, in order to make the treatment more effective. Another good trick is to mix some honey with your regular shampoo.
To get shiny hair, it is important to provide nourishment by applying oil to your hair regularly. Coconut oil (organic and unrefined) is one of the best options. It helps restore moisture to dry and damaged hair, in turn making it shiny and healthy.
- Apply warm coconut oil on your hair, from the root to the ends. Massage for a few minutes and then wrap your hair in a shower cap or towel for at least 30 minutes. Rinse your hair with water, then shampoo and condition like normal.
- Another option is to add a few curry leaves to two tablespoons of coconut oil. Heat it until warm. When cool, massage the oil gently onto the scalp and hair. Cover with a warm towel for 30 minutes and then wash with a mild shampoo.
Follow either of these remedies once or twice a week, depending on your hair condition.
You can also use olive oil, castor oil, or almond oil and follow the same process.
Banana Hair Conditioner
Banana as a hair conditioner Make a paste of banana and add orange juice to it. Use it as a hair mask and rinse it with warm water. You can also add honey to banana as an alternative for making hair smooth.
Onion juice is one of the best and oldest remedies to stimulate a good hair growth. The sulphur present in it does not only enhance the growth of strands, but also helps in their re-growth. Squeeze some juice out of the red onions or shallots, and apply it to your hair for about fifteen minutes. Finally, rinse off with a mild shampoo after 1-2 hours.
If you’re suffering from “alopecia areata” (a condition of thinning of hair), the secret recipe of potato juice is here to help you out. Simply apply this juice to your scalp and wash it after 15-20 minutes.
Soak a few seeds of cumin in castor or olive oil overnight and massage your scalp with it. Wash your hair after 15 minutes.
Vitamin E Oil
Massage your hair with Vitamin E oil. You can also crush Vitamin E capsules that are available in the market and apply it on the scalp. This helps in enhancing the blood flow and lengthening of hair. Take this treatment thrice a week.
Avocado contains nutrients that will deeply moisturize and nourish your hair. This in turn will make your hair smooth and shiny. Avocado is also extremely Good for dry and damaged hair.
- Mix one mashed ripe avocado with two tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil. Apply this mixture on damp hair, from the roots to the ends. Cover with a shower cap for 30 minutes. Finally, rinse and shampoo your hair as usual.
- You can also mash one ripe avocado and one ripe banana together. Mix in one-half tablespoon of almond oil. Massage this paste onto your scalp and spread it all over your hair. Cover your head with a shower cap for 30 minutes or more. Rinse thoroughly with lukewarm water and then shampoo your hair.
Follow either of these remedies once or twice a week, depending on the condition of your hair.